MLK Quote

MLK Quote

Nature's Inspiration Movie

http://www.flickspire.com/m/HealthierL433/NaturesInspiration -- Nature's Inspiration Movie: The photographs in this short video are from award-winning photographer, Ken Jenkins, and they are breathtaking. However, this video is much more than beautiful photographs! Peggy Anderson has compiled beautiful quotations from the likes of Emerson, Thoreau, and many others that truly capture the beauty of nature and solitude. Absolute must watch for nature lovers.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day, all. Most women, if advertisements are anything to go by, demand chocolates, jewelleries and teddy bears. I can feel the arrival of the eminent spring in my bones; my demand was a trip to the garden center. So, my husband drove about 20 minutes to take me, yesterday (2/13/2013), to one of the largest but near-by garden-center, the Fairfield Garden Center. Spring is not here yet, and I do not know when it will come as it is still snowing. But, I am trying to get ready. So, I got:

Two-types of carrots, 4-varieties-in-a-pack eggplant, pepper, pole beans (the pretty red flowers of which apparently attracts butterflies and hummingbirds), Zinnia and Statice flower seeds, and a Dr. Earth's Organic Fertilizer bag
Six multicolored Hyacinth bulb at $5.99, don't I love bargains! A 72-pack seed-starter along with 100 wooden and plastic seed name-tags .

Valentine's Day is about love - love for your spouse, children, family, relatives, friends, pets, humanity and earth. With love comes fun and laughter, warmth and joviality. So, keeping those in mind, I present to you all two very lovely videos: A Message for Humanity by Charlie Chaplin, and Laughter is the best medicine. This is absolutely hilarious. Did you have any demand for the Valentine Day :-)?

5 comments:

  1. Great to see your bargin Hyacinths, they are going to give you much pleasure next Valentine's Day!
    For me, Valentine's day is a day I pass without much ado, it's a day mainly for husbands/wifes, partners, girlfirends/boyfriends etc. not really applicable when you're single...
    I passed on the second video to my son, that's right up his street in terms of humour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. I prefer he surprise me with an act of love when I least expect it. A while back he fixed the broken wheels on my wheelbarrow and I was really happy. Zinnias are fun and easy to grow. You can seed them directly into the garden or start them a bit early for earlier blooms. Don't give your seeds or seedlings any fertilizer until they've put a few sets of true leaves. I usually use a weak liquid kelp meal solution. Zinnias will be sturdier if you cut them back by about half once they're 6-8" tall. This produces more lateral branching and a much thicker stem. They need full sun. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helene: I hope so, but, really, do I have to wait that long to enjoy its beauty?? Can't see it this spring :-(?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casa Mariposa: we don't celebrate it either because I am always demanding, and he is always giving to my demand :-) -- so, VD for me year round.

    ReplyDelete