MLK Quote

MLK Quote

Nature's Inspiration Movie

http://www.flickspire.com/m/HealthierL433/NaturesInspiration -- Nature's Inspiration Movie: The photographs in this short video are from award-winning photographer, Ken Jenkins, and they are breathtaking. However, this video is much more than beautiful photographs! Peggy Anderson has compiled beautiful quotations from the likes of Emerson, Thoreau, and many others that truly capture the beauty of nature and solitude. Absolute must watch for nature lovers.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Rosemary

Here are my Rosemary plants in the small herb-patch that I had this summer. The patch had rosemary, basil, mint, pineapple-sage and lemon-balm. Lemon-balm and mint have gone for winter-hibernation. I am not sure what will happen to the pineapple-sage plant - will it come back next year? Basil plants have of course passed away :-(. But, I hope that these beautiful rosemary plants will survive the winter. So far, they are really doing well in this freezing twenty-two or twenty-eight degree Fahrenheit temperature. But, I read everywhere that Rosemary plants do not survive cold, wintry, freezing temperature. So, keeping fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. It is so nice to have an herb garden, especially if you like to cook! I think fresh herbs from the garden can add so much to any dish. I grow lemon balm and love it and I would like to try some type of sage next year. Wishing you that your rosemary survives the winter!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a rosemary that has survived snow and some freezing temperatures, but I don't think they will survive prolonged freezes. I hope yours survives. I love to walk past mine and brush against it to smell its sweet fragrance.

    ReplyDelete