MLK Quote

MLK Quote

Nature's Inspiration Movie

http://www.flickspire.com/m/HealthierL433/NaturesInspiration -- Nature's Inspiration Movie: The photographs in this short video are from award-winning photographer, Ken Jenkins, and they are breathtaking. However, this video is much more than beautiful photographs! Peggy Anderson has compiled beautiful quotations from the likes of Emerson, Thoreau, and many others that truly capture the beauty of nature and solitude. Absolute must watch for nature lovers.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day

It is still 11:30 pm here; so, April 15 is still here, and that means I can participate in Garden Bloggers Bloom Day hosted by May Dreams Garden. I always think of participating in it but never remember. This time also I just remembered at the nick of time. So, here are are the blooms in my garden now.

Alyssum, Pansy and Dianthus. The fragrance of this alyssum is intoxicating; so is that of Dianthus though it has a much more sweeter-cinnamony fragrance.


Yellow Wallflowers (Erysimum); the red ones are yet to bloom but will do it soon. I'm forgetting the name of the third flower. I will have to look it up tomorrow morning.


Various colors of Hyacinth which are in full bloom now. The larger pictures show some more color.


How can I ignore my weeds which not only provide food for me (a topic to be written about later) but also makes my lawn look beautiful in the spring. Dandelion, Speedwell and Violets, all growing everywhere in every nook and cranny around my garden. They look the lawns very pretty, and also provide food to all the bees that are now waking up.


Euphorbia, Cow-slips (when will it spread and colonize the whole area? I can't wait any more though I just planted it in the fall of 2015), Grape-Hyacinth, Daffodils and Persia Purple Fritillaria


Fritallari flowers and creeping phlox


These are yet to bloom though the buds have become fatter -- Rhododendron, Dogwood and Ajuga. Hopefully, I will be able to showcase them in next month's bloggers bloom day.


I'm also joining in the memes hosted by Nature Notes hosted by Rambling Woods and St Germain's meme

15 comments:

  1. Your garden is full of beauty! Thank you for sharing the results of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some wonderful colors and textures in your garden! I love all the shapes of the different flowers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many wonderful blooms in your garden and the Hellebores are magnificent! Happy Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many wonderful blooms in your garden and the Hellebores are magnificent! Happy Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness so many flowers! Impossible to choose a favorite, but I always liked the almost transparent fritallary. Am not sure I ever saw the dark red flower where you show the heart of the flower - beautiful! Many thanks for being a part of SEASONS! And have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - what beauty - I pick every one of them as my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful garden, KL! I love your Persia Purple Fritillaria , I've never seen it before and now want to have it in my garden as well. You have blooming garden especially hyacinths are very tall and colorful.
    Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! What a lovely garden and wonderful photos! I like especially the pretty Hyacinths of so many different colours.
    In our Finnish garden nothing's blooming yet. Thank you for your comment on our Italian garden. The plants are a nameless crab apple, then a Prunus 'Ferrovia' (very productive), a nameless Camellia and a Wisteria floribunda 'Longissima Alba'.
    Have a lovely new week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, gorgeous gardens and lovely flowers. I love all the pretty spring colors. Gorgeous photos and post. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marvelous collection of photos. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful blooms! Love the Wallflowers and Dianthus.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow..That is a large selection of beautiful blooms KL...Names that are new to me also so I am learning along the way...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those flowers are so pretty! I particularly love the blue hyacinths.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous flowers! I love the hyacinths. They remind me of Christmas because we buy them potted for Christmas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice! Did you notice any pollinators on your hyacinths this year?

    ReplyDelete