MLK Quote

MLK Quote

Nature's Inspiration Movie

http://www.flickspire.com/m/HealthierL433/NaturesInspiration -- Nature's Inspiration Movie: The photographs in this short video are from award-winning photographer, Ken Jenkins, and they are breathtaking. However, this video is much more than beautiful photographs! Peggy Anderson has compiled beautiful quotations from the likes of Emerson, Thoreau, and many others that truly capture the beauty of nature and solitude. Absolute must watch for nature lovers.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Two more Primroses

I got two more primrose plants, bringing up six different primrose plants in my collected. Well, no one can blame me for buying them. I am reading all these Indian and southern hemisphere (Australia, New Zealand and South Africa) blogs and getting depressed on seeing all the gardening they are doing now. I can't do anything except perhaps start some seedlings, but it might be still too early. Thus, I am satisfying my gardening needs by buying cheap primrose plants. Well, yes, something are growing in the green house, but that's not enough.

6 comments:

  1. You got some beautiful primroses here! I so can understand your need for spring color. Even here in Southern California I am longing for it and feel my garden looks too plain and brown. But spring will inevitably come, we just have to be patient!
    By the way, I just became officially a follower of your nice blog :-)!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your primroses are beautiful... Although I don't have a single flowering plant in my garden, I see a lot of these in my neighbor's garden. He has a whole corner alloted in his garden for these pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww....Christina, thank you, thank you :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sri Ranjani, thank you :-). I am also thinking of dedicating a small portion of the front garden, where there is not much sun, to thees primroses. There are so many variety of colors of primroses - I think every permutation, combination of Vibgyor colors are converted into primroses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever we do our nursery rounds at this time of the year I always look forward to the primrose display, with their intense colour that does remind you of the promise of spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mark and Gaz,

    Primrose supposedly originated in the UK. So, you guys must be having lots and lots of varieties and histories associated with these flowers :-).

    ReplyDelete